Karen Tramontano is interviewed by Argentina's Juan Iramain, formerly of Scotiabank and Citigroup—on the topic of lobbying and public policy advocacy.
In the interview, Karen shares perspectives on:
- What is the role of lobbying in government affairs strategies
- Why policy advocacy is necessary for democracy
- How regulated industries engage government to change public policies
- Use of traditional media and social networks in public engagement strategies
- How lobbying activity is regulated and how to improve its transparency
- ...and special insight into the 2020 U.S. Presidential campaign
Dan Erikson provides expert testimony at Haiti on the Brink: Assessing U.S. Policy Toward a Country in Crisis—before the U.S. House of Representatives' Committee on Foreign Affairs' Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere, Civilian Security, and Trade.
Dan Erikson explains that the Taiwanese President's tour through the Caribbean reflects the country's imperative to reinforce relationships with allies vulnerable to poaching by China.