Frequently Asked Questions
Blue Star Strategies, LLC is a dynamic, bipartisan interdisciplinary strategic consulting, public affairs, and government relations firm based in Washington, DC with offices in Europe and Latin America. Blue Star Strategies SAS expands the firm's work in Europe, serving clients in Paris, France and Brussels, Belgium. Together, we work with public and private sector clients to unlock their political, policy, investment, and resource challenges in the United States, Europe, Latin America and the Caribbean, and in markets around the world. With over 20 years experience, we are trusted advisors, liaisons, advocates, and problem solvers.
We provide a comprehensive suite of strategic planning services and implement political, public affairs, issue advocacy, and government relations engagement strategies for global clients. We work to hone their strategic messaging narratives and to position their issues and concerns before the key stakeholders, institutions, and audiences that matter most to achieving their goals.
We are unique among firms:
- For our diverse cross-sector industry client portfolio representing global companies, international organizations, and foreign governments and leaders in the United States and emerging markets around the world.
- For our comprehensive approach to our work in which we leverage a complex array of policy and influence makers to support our clients’ objectives—ranging from governments, legislatures, regulatory bodies, and multilateral institutions to nongovernmental advocates, think tanks, private sector, and the media.
- For the full and personalized attention that our principals and team provide for each client for the entire length of a project. We are laser-focused on achieving concrete results and are committed to doing the real work needed to achieve success for our clients.
- In that we are public intellectuals as well as consultants and are active in political and policy discourse in ways that other firms are not. We have more than a decade of thought leadership supporting transatlantic relations and U.S. global leadership and are visible in public policy debates about globalization, democracy, the international economic system, trade, and the relationships between business and workers.
Our co-founders, CEO Karen Tramontano and COO Sally Painter lead our bipartisan team of professionals who have served at the highest levels of government, private sector, international institutions, and media. Blue Star Strategies SAS, serving clients in Paris and Brussels, is led by Mathilde Defarges, Co-Founder and President and Etienne Bodard, Co-Founder and Partner.
We are committed to providing the highest levels of professionalism, personalized service, and ethical representation to our clients and partners. We believe in a larger vision beyond ourselves and are dedicated to corporate responsibility, reflected in our support for organizations working to improving the economics and security of those facing more challenging circumstances.
Our clients generally fall into one of five categories:
- U.S. Corporations Internationally.
- Multinational Corporations in the United States, Europe, Latin America, and globally,
- Sovereign Governments and Political Leaders.
- International Organizations and Institutions.
- Public Policy Coalitions.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter